The purpose of this ManagementPack is to produce a table in SQL Server that will display all Agented Computer’s Event log information.
Because of the the speed and immediate response by System Center Operations Manager, results from each machine may require immediate gleaning and the ManagementPack removed after all machines complete their discovery cycle.
All content provided in this download is for information purposes only. Windows Management Experts, Inc makes no representation as to accuracy or completeness of any information on this site. Windows Management Experts, Inc will not be liable for any errors or omission in this information nor for the availability of this information. It is highly recommended that you consult one of our technical consultants, should you need any further assistant.
System Center Operations Manager 2012
Import the ManagementPack into System Center Operations Manager.
- Why was this ManagementPack created?
- This ManagementPack was created to support cross Enterprise collection of Event logs. If you have hundreds of Agent machines, within minutes of importing this ManagementPack, you will know what event logs are on every machine and that’s the beauty of this ManagementPack.
Additionally, using the power of SQL Server, a connection string and a SQL Query to glean the information from this table will acquire the data and make it readily available for review. Event logs that either should be or should not be there is typical of what is meant. Once the information is transformed into human readable information, the ManagementPack can be deleted from SCOM and the table it produced will no longer exist.
- How Often should it be used?
- Because of the way the ManagementPack works, it is strongly recommended to use it once to build an informational foundation and then use it once a month thereafter to determine if any new Event Logs have been added or removed.
After that, once a month, when a new service is added or an old one has been removed are times when this ManagementPack should be considered.
- How much time does it save?
- In terms of development and testing, about a week.