Did you know: Microsoft is updating the pen toolbox for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to make it easier to work with the drawing options that will be rolling out in mid-February with a completion date by mid-March.
How does this affect me?
In Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, users will see two new tools in the pen toolbox, which is located in the Draw Tab, the ink lasso select tool and the eraser tool.
– The lasso tool is new to Word. You use the Lasso to select ink on your document. You can select individual strokes or entire words or shapes. Once it’s selected you can change, move, or delete the ink.
– In Word the eraser also has been improved and includes the Point erase feature that PowerPoint has had for a while. The Point eraser works more like an eraser you’d have on a real pencil, only the ink you pass the eraser over will be erased.
– In addition, each drawing tool, like the highlighter or pen, now shows you previously used colors which makes it easier to switch colors.
– The new Ink Editor pen will also be available in the pen toolbox for Word to quickly perform edits using your pens. It’s an easier way to launch the ink editing experience in Word.
– We’re also making a change to how customization’s to the pen toolbox are saved. When you customize the toolbox – such as modifying the color of a pen – those changes are saved locally on your device, but they no longer roam to your other devices.