Did you know: Microsoft originally communicated about an Updated Meeting join experience for users who don’t have a meeting creation policy assigned in MC209349 (April ’20). This feature was rolled out but due to an issue was rolled back. We are now ready to move forward with rolling this out to tenants with EDU licensing.
Note: If your tenant does not have EDU licenses you can safely disregard.
• Roadmap ID: 63355
• Timing: begin early August and expect to be complete by mid-August
• Action: review resources and assess
• Control: admin control via policy
How this will affect your organization
After the change is implemented:
• When users who don’t have a meeting creation policy assigned, tries to join a meeting, they will see a screen indicating to try again when meeting organizer has started the meeting.
• Users who have both meeting creation and meeting chat policies set as disabled can only chat when the meeting has started. These users cannot send message pre/post meeting, but they can receive messages sent by organizer.
If your looking to improve and increase your adoption of new Microsoft features, please check out our Microsoft Teams solution