Did you know: there is a new feature for Teams-Outlook Email Integrations which is actually a set of three new features designed to help you share information between Microsoft Teams and Outlook:
1. Share email to Teams
– Share a copy of an email and any attachments from Outlook to a channel or chat in Teams.
2. Share conversation via email
– Share a copy of a Teams channel or chat conversation via email directly from the Teams client.
3. Reply to Teams missed activity emails
– Ability to respond to Teams missed activity emails directly within Outlook clients, as well as see the latest missed messages.
These features will be rolling into general availability starting in mid-January and complete roll out by mid-April (previously early February).
How does this affect your organization
These integrations enable users to seamlessly get information and move conversations to where they belong. Whether a customer request begins through email and needs to move to a project team in Teams, or a big announcement in a channel needs to be shared with a broader audience via email, you now have the tools to easily make it happen.
Teams missed activity emails now show the latest missed messages and provide the ability to respond directly from within Outlook, letting you respond to conversations that need your attention faster, even when focusing on your inbox.
– Share to Teams is an Outlook add-in.
– Share to Teams does not allow sharing IRM/DRM protected emails.
– All content is fully e-discoverable and GDPR compliant.
– Reply to missed activity emails uses Outlook Actionable Messages.