1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USES
Generally, we collect Personal Information when you provide it directly to us and through website technology known as “cookies,” as further described in Section 4 below. The types of information we collect and our use of that information depends on whether you are a visitor to our Website or are a registered user as further described below.
A.Information We Collect From Registered Users
In order to gain full access to the services we offer through our Website, you must first register for a WME account. During registration, we collect Personal Information about you when you provide it to us, such as your name, title, company, email address, phone number, and one or more credit card numbers and related expiration dates. We use this information:
- To identify and authenticate your account when you log in to the Website;
- To provide the products and services you have requested;
- To contact you about your use of the Services or the Website and to provide notifications; and
- To improve our services.
Once you begin using the Website through your WME account, we will keep records of your transactions related to the Website (such as product purchased, date purchased, billing address, amounts and related receipts).
B.Information We Collect From Visitors
You are not required to register with the Website or provide any Personal Information to us to simply visit and browse our Website. However, we may gather non-personal information about your visit solely for the purposes of monitoring and improving the Website. Please refer to Section 4 below regarding cookies and other tracking technologies.
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, WME maintains strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your Personal Information. These safeguards are reasonably designed to:
- Insure the security and confidentiality of user records and information;
- Protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of user records and information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of user records or information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any user.
Your information is located on secure servers and encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We use transport layer security (TLS) when you sign into the WME Website.
3. INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by WME) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
- Our trusted service providers that are integral to the operation of the Website and provide services to you, including but not limited to payment processors, verification services, and third parties that you have directly authorized to receive your Personal Information. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and are only allowed to use your Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Effect a merger or acquisition or to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If WME is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- Enforce our rights or protect our property; protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- We will not sell your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
4. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
When you use our Website, we may collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Website, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners, and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Website by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies are managed by us, our business partners, or our service providers. For example, when you visit our Website, WME and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to the Website, and to track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Website. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Website activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Website.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences (e.g., the way Website pages or information is displayed).
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Website, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the IP addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Website. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Website and the website you visit after you leave our Website, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways and without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about users to optimize our Website and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
If you wish to opt out of having cookies set on your browser as described above, the only way to ensure that this happens is to manage the settings on your web browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Note that disabling cookies on your browser may prevent WME from tracking your activities in relation to our Website and services. However, it may also disable many of the features available through our Website.