Here are some lessons learned and troubleshooting tips that were gleamed from the SCUP conversation today with Jason Lewis! Thanks Jason!
- Install MSI based update – you can’t use the / commands must be named value pairs. Custom parameters INSTALLMODE=MOUS required
- Proxy Authentication – in 2011, instead of making it prompt, they will either turn on or off
- Adobe Catalog – based on 10x before updates are applicable. If you have 9 or 8, you have to do something manually.
- Shared Admin Console – 2011 is not a multi user. When you launch in 2011, it creates a local database into local app folder. No credentials for domain , it can be local.
- To do publishing, user doing publishing must be a member of WSUS Administrator group. User account must also have access to that data as well.
- Remove updates from SCCM – Expire or supercede the update then republish it .
- Software update cleanup wizard in 2011 will be released.
Migrate from 2007 to 2011
- Export all updates from 4.5 and reimport back into 2011
- There is no upgrade and there is no schema updates to it.
- You can run 4.5 and SCUP 2011 on the same machine in parallel.
Other Interesting Facts
- 2011 will be released next quarter (april – june)
- Alerting capability for identifying new catalogs that are available
- Automatically publish based on a certain threshold to control the size of the catalog.
- Local Source Publishing – central location for software updates. Good for out of band scenario where no internet connection. Define without download URL’s.
- 4.5.1103 – latest build for version 4.5. There were two versions of SCUP 4.5 release. Check to see version. There were issues importing in Adobe catalog with the first version of 4.5!
- 4.5.1103 Supports SCCM 2007 Sp2 and SCCM 2012